Monday, May 21, 2012

Bangle Arm Candy

Bangle bracelets are fun.  Except for all of the noise they make.  I like moving like a ninja.  Quiet.  Stealth.  Sneaky.  I decided to up-cycle some old metal bangles that I've had forever, and have worn once.  I found some neat variegated nylon cord at my local jewelry supply shop and had a flash back to my teen years doing a neat little macrame action on the bangles.
Neat cord, for less than 2 bucks a roll.


Plain ol' metal bangle.




Put your feet on the coffee table and hold the bracelet between your knees!


Beginning of the knot

I think this is what they call a "half hitch" knot
If you need more detailed instructions, you can check out a decent tutorial on how to macrame bangles here, the author used 2 knots on each side, and I used one, but you get the idea.
 
I altered the color combination on each one.



Super fun, and now I can sneak around with my funky bracelets, and no one will hear me coming.  Bwahahaha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment