|Grey/Green + "Rosa Mexicana" = Mauve|
|See ya straps.|
I folded over what used to be the back of the dress and sewed a casing for the new front neckline.
|Lady bug, lady bug fly away...|
Next on the agenda was taking in the sides about 1.5" on each side so it would be a little more fitted. I have no idea what size this dress was to begin with, as my mom is a habitual tag cutter.
I cut away the excess fabric and unfortunately the pockets had to be sacrificed.
Next up I took the extra fabric from the pocket/seam sacrifice, braided it into 2 pieces and sewed one set of ends together. I threaded it through the neck casing.
Next I had to deal with the drapey back, as I only took in the sides of the skirt portion of the dress. I decided to sew another casing and put some elastic through.
I also had to figure out what to do with the front of the dress, as I still had some leftover fabric hanging on the sides. I left it for last to make sure I wouldn't cut/hem too much and have major side boob action. I tried it on inside out, and pinned the excess fabric on each side, sewed it down, and cut away the excess.
|WOO HOO!! I did it!|
|From the back.|
|Halter strap detail.|