Thursday, May 17, 2012

That's a Wrap Arm Candy

I've been on a bracelet making binge lately.  Wrap bracelets, macrame bangles, beads; you name it.  There have been a lot of tutorials on Pinterest lately and I have a huge stash of embroidery floss and beads, plus there is a pretty nifty jewelry supply place here on the island that has neat beads, nylon thread, findings, etc, etc.  I also came across these Chan Luu Wrap Bracelets for around $200 (!!!!) and thought, "Screw that, I can make my own crappy bracelets."  So I did.

I started with some neat nylon cording with gold thread running through it.
Ooo fancy, and a whole roll with 180m only cost me 18 pesos (about a buck and a half)
 For a bracelet to wrap around 4 times, I braided 3, 60 inch pieces together, folded it in half and slipped it through a button.  Then I followed this tutorial from cutoutandkeep.net I should also mention that I have a super skinny 6 inch wrist.  Probably the last skinny thing I've got.

I used beads that I've had stashed away since my last bracelet and necklace binge, probably circa 1993.  I know, I know; pack rat.

Here are the final results.




So there you have it, 3 bracelets, for probably under a dollar.  I just saved $599 bucks ;)

2 comments:

  1. Cute! Love the brown and gold one! If I had any free time I would totally make DIY bracelets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Pack Rat' must be part of the Sag definition!!!!!!!
    My yarn stash now weighs more than Jordan!!!!

    ReplyDelete