Friday, June 1, 2012

Save a Skirt By Killing a Tank Top

Today I did a super fast and easy transformation for the princess.  She has a cute ruffle skirt in a really fun bright turquoise knit.  The problem?  Too much 7 year old bootie hanging out.  When I told her I could see her underwear, she begged me not to get rid of it.  Sigh, another "favorite" destined for the garage sale bag.  I told her to go change, and she comes out wearing the skirt as a top.  That's my girl.  Refashion that skirt.  It was a little big on top for her, so instead of adding elastic, I made some straps out of a too small tank top.

The bootie showin' skirt.
The sacrificial tank top.

 I braided 3 of the strips together for each strap, and sewed them in place.  And...


Future supermodel working the camera.
 Pretty cute!  Now I can hold off fighting her about getting rid of it.  Until her belly starts to show, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment